Okay. You’ve signed up. You've got your Tshirt. Hopefully running is going well. Now it’s time for us to focus on Sponsorship
Sponsorship is potentially the most exciting part of this whole process. It’s the bit where you see how much people are willing to support you - which is more than you may think!
Remember, people want to give!
We're using VirginMoneyGiving to coordinate all of our sponsorship. It's free, efficient and allows us to claim back tax on all donations.
Setting up your Sponsorship page is pretty simple. Watch our 90 second tutorial video above for a walkthrough or simply follow these 10 steps.
- Navigate to virginmoneygiving.com and click on Start Fundraising - set up a fundraising page.
- Select Organised Event and enter Love Running into the Event Name search field, then hit Find Event.
- Select Love Running Bristol 10k and the click Next.
- Enter your fundraising target and confirm that you're not receiving any contribution from Love Running and that you're doing this on your own.
- Follow the instructions to register your account (or sign in, if you've already got an account).
- Select a web address for your fundraising page - it will provide you with a suggestion.
- Edit your page and customise it using introductory text, profile picture, video, social media and the like.
- Save your page and watch the donations roll in.
- It's a good idea to keep your page current and updated. We'll provide you with videos and other material as we go along.
- Send out plenty of emails and facebook posts etc. The more you put it out there, the more people will support you.
Remember, people want to give - help them! The more effort, creativity and heart you put in, the more people will get out of it.
Most of us don't really like asking people for money, but love compels us to act selflessly on behalf of the poor, the oppressed and the needy.
If you've been using the Sponsorship Forms, or have been given cash or cheques, then there's an easy way to process them. First off, scan and email the sponsorship from to money [at] loverunning.org, or send the paper copy to Love Running c/o Woodlands Church, Belgrave Road, Clifton BS8 2AA.
Then you can either enclose a cheque for the full amount, payable to Love Running CIO or, better still, transfer online at www.loverunning.org/donate or by BACS to Love Running, Sort code: 09-01-29, Account number: 07389799.
However you do it, make sure you get us a copy of the Sponsorship form, so that we can claim an extra 25% through Gift Aid.